While many women enjoy the look of enhanced breasts for years after surgery, breast implant manufacturers recommend an exam every ten years to evaluate the condition of the implants, which you can schedule with Dr. Courtney at his private office in Houston. After the exam, Dr. Courtney may suggest you undergo breast revision surgery based on the condition and age of your current implants.
Recovery after breast revision surgery
Breast revision surgery requires some downtime. Here’s what to expect:
- A sensation of tightness and tenderness, along with bruising and swelling are common. These side effects usually resolve within a few weeks of surgery.
- Pain medications and antibiotics may be prescribed. Take all prescriptions as directed, including the full course of antibiotics. Most patients miss about one week of work.
- You can resume taking gentle walks shortly after surgery. Wait six weeks to continue heavy lifting and strenuous activity.
- All patients receive contact information for Dr. Courtney so they can reach him 24/7 with questions or concerns.
- We’ll meet with you several times during the recovery to monitor healing and ensure all is proceeding as it should.