While many women enjoy the look of enhanced breasts for years after surgery, breast implant manufacturers recommend an exam every ten years to evaluate the condition of the implants, which you can schedule with Dr. Courtney at his private office in Houston. After the exam, Dr. Courtney may suggest you undergo breast revision surgery, based on the condition and age of your current implants.
Why undergo breast revision in Houston?
Breast augmentation has high patient satisfaction ratings. Women love how their breasts look and feel after the procedure. Breast implants are long-lasting, but they do occasionally need replacement. The top reasons women undergo breast revision surgery include:
Changes in lifestyle:
- The breasts you wanted at 25 may be different than what you want at age 40. Revision surgery realigns the breasts with your current priorities.
Change implant size:
- Some women wish they had gone bigger or smaller in their initial breast augmentation.
- A condition where the scar capsule around the implant hardens, causing changes in the feel and sometimes appearance of the breast.
Leak or rupture:
- In some rare cases, a breast implant ruptures and must be replaced. Implants are guaranteed for a specific amount of time. Should a rupture occur, you may be eligible for financial assistance from the manufacturer.
Change implant type:
- Many women who chose saline implants for their implants later decide to switch to silicone for a softer, more natural feel.
Breast changes after pregnancy or weight loss:
- Revision surgery can restore a youthful breast appearance and alleviate sagging after pregnancy or weight loss.
- These concerns include asymmetry, implant shifting, bottoming out, and poor implant placement.
Return to natural size:
- After enjoying implants for years, some women decide that they want to restore their natural breast size.
If you are unhappy with your breasts after breast augmentation or are experiencing complications, we invite you to meet with Dr. Courtney for a private consultation.