Breast Lift Candidates
Your breasts are a beautiful aspect of the feminine figure, but they can change over time due to age, pregnancy, childbirth, or changes in weight. If you would like to restore the firm, round, perky look of youthful breasts, you may be a good candidate for a custom breast lift.
Even younger women may feel a lack of confidence due to the appearance of their breasts. Some breast qualities are inherited and may inhibit feelings of self-worth. Whether you have any of the following concerns, a breast lift could be the ideal procedure for you:
- Uneven breasts
- Feel your nipples are too large or too low on the breast mound
- Believe your breasts look saggy
Breast Lift Consultation
Dr. Courtney will ensure that you thoroughly understand the procedure, any risks, the predicted recovery time, activity limitations, and what to expect. He welcomes any questions you have and will answer them honestly and thoroughly. Dr. Courtney focuses on patient safety and will speak with you about every aspect of the procedure, so we ask that you please allow an hour to an hour and a half for your initial consultation. Some of the subjects that will be covered include:
- Your overall health: You must be in overall good health and ready to discuss any medical conditions and medications you take, including over-the-counter medicines. Before surgery, you must avoid aspirins and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) for at least one week prior and one week after surgery. Some supplements that have blood-thinning properties must be stopped during that time.
- Alcohol and tobacco use: We want your surgery to be safe and produce the look you want. For added safety, we ask that you avoid smoking and consuming alcohol for four weeks leading up to and after surgery.
- Weight: You should be close to your goal weight before undergoing a breast lift.
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes from pregnancy can affect the size and shape of your breasts. Dr. Courtney will ask how recently you had children and whether you plan for more. Breast lift surgery can be performed six months after ending breastfeeding your baby.
- Your expectations: A breast lift does not replace lost volume or increase the size of your breasts. Many women choose to combine a breast lift with breast augmentation — either with breast implants or via a fat transfer — to achieve the ultimate in feminine appeal.